- The primary caregiver must be a responsible adult. We do not permit group ownership or classroom pets. You must be 18 years of age or older to adopt.
- The rabbit must have at least 16 sq feet of space, though specific rabbits may require more space than this. Click HERE for examples.
- Rabbits must live indoors. (Garages and outbuildings do not qualify)
- Adoption is for the life of the rabbit, which is often 10+ years.
- We do not permit giving rabbits as gift. The owner must go through the full adoption process.
- Adoption fees are typically $50 for a single rabbit, $75 for a pair.
Please note that we are an Iowa based rescue. We typically hold adoptions in Ames or Coralville, depending on where the rabbit is being fostered. We do allow out of state adoptions, but ask that you make arrangements to come visit the rabbit before adoption.