- The primary caregiver must be a responsible adult. We do not permit group ownership or classroom pets.
- The rabbit must have at least 16 sq feet of space, though specific rabbits may require more space than this.
- Rabbits must live indoors. (Garages and outbuildings do not qualify)
- Adoption is for the life of the rabbit, which is often 10+ years.
- We do not permit giving rabbits as gift. The owner must go through the full adoption process.
- Adoption fees are typically $50 for a single rabbit, $75 for a pair.
Please note that we are an Iowa based rescue. We typically hold adoptions in Ames, Ankeny, Johnston, Coralville, Cedar Rapids, or Davenport, depending on where the rabbit is being fostered. We do allow out of state adoptions, but ask that you make arrangements to come visit the rabbit before adoption.
A Home for EveryBunny's volunteer staff will be taking well-deserved breaks during the weeks of November 24th-December 1st, and again December 24th - January 1st. Any adoption applications sent during those times are automatically put into our system, but the phone interview portion will be scheduled after these breaks! Applications will be responded to in the order they were received.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!